MANUAL PREPARED IN TERMS OF SECTION 51
1 Stream (Pty) Ltd is involved in the provision of cloud-based contact centre services.
COMPANY CONTACT DETAILS
Name of Body: 1 Stream (Pty) Ltd
Managing Directors: Mr Jed Hewson and Mr Bruce von Maltitz
Contact person: Bruce von Maltitz
Physical address: Suite 2, Silvermine House, 9 Silverwood Close, Steenberg Office Park, Tokai, 7945
Telephone: +27 87 351 5253
SECTION 10 GUIDE ON HOW TO USE THE ACT
The section 10 Guide on how to use the Act will be available from the South African Human Rights Commission no later than August 2005. Enquiries can be directed to:
The South African Human Rights Commission:
Research and Documentation Department
Postal Address: Private Bag 2700
RECORDS AVAILABLE IN TERMS OF LEGISLATION OTHER THAN THE PROMOTION OF ACCESS TO INFORMATION ACT 2 OF 2000
Documents are held in accordance with statutory provisions that include those in the following Acts:
• Basic Conditions of Employment Act 75 of 1997
• Companies Act 61 of 1973
• Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act 130 of 1993
• Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998
• Income Tax Act 58 of 1962
• Labour Relations Act 66 of 1995
• Occupational Health and Safety Act 85 of 1993
• Skills Development Act 97 of 1998
• Skills Development Levies Act 9 of 1999
• Unemployment Insurance Act 30 of 1966; 4 of 2002
• Regional Services Council Act 109 of 1985
• Value-Added Tax Act 89 of 1991
• Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act 37 of 2002
• Financial Intelligence Centre Act 38 of 2001
CATEGORIES OF RECORDS HELD BY 1STREAM
Records held by the 1Stream (Pty) Ltd include:
- Statutory company information
- Financial records
- Employee records
- Company policies and procedures
- Intellectual property records
- Transactional records
- Records relating to fixed and movable property
- Commercial contracts
- Insurance Contracts
- Internal telephone and address lists
- Product records
- All the necessary records that a Financial Services Provider needs to hold in terms of the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act as well as the records the an accountable institution needs to hold in terms of the Financial Intelligence Centre Act.
FORM OF REQUEST FOR ACCESS TO INFORMATION
- The requester must use the prescribed form to make the request for access to a record. Request forms can be obtained on the South African Human Rights Commission (SAHRC) web site http://www.sahrc.orq.za. This must be made to the contact person at the address, fax number or electronic mail address given in paragraph 2 of this manual.
- The requester must provide sufficient detail on the request form to enable the head of the private body to identify the record and the requester. The requester should also indicate which form of access is required. The requester should also indicate if any other manner is to be used to inform the requester and state the necessary particulars to be so informed.
- The requester must identify the right that is sought to be exercised or to be protected and provide an explanation of why the requested record is required for the exercise or protection of that right.
- If a request is made on behalf of another person, the requester must then submit proof of the capacity in which the requester is making the request to the satisfaction of the head of the private body.
- A requester who seeks access to a record containing personal information about that requester is not required to pay the request fee. Every other requester, who is not a personal requester, must pay the required request fee. The fee structure can be obtained on the SAHRC website http://www.sahrc.orq.za.
- The head of the private body must notify the requester (other than a personal requester) by notice, requiring the requester to pay the prescribed fee (if any) before further processing the request.
- The fee that the requester must pay to a private body is R50. The requester may lodge an application to the court against the tender or payment of the request fee.
- After the head of the private body has made a decision on the request, the requester must be notified in the required form.
- If the request is granted then a further access fee must be paid for the search, reproduction, preparation and for any time that has exceeded the prescribed hours to search and prepare the record for disclosure.
OTHER INFORMATION AS MAY BE PRESCRIBED
The Minister of Justice and Constitutional Development has not made any regulations in this regard.
AVAILABILITY OF THE MANUAL
This manual is available for inspection at the offices of 1Stream (Pty) Ltd at no cost. Copies of the manual may be obtained, subject to the prescribed fees, from these offices. The manual can be accessed on the web sites of the SAHRC http://www.sahrc.orq.za and of 1Stream http://www.1stream.co.za.